Monday, May 12, 2008

It's The Economists, Stupid!

NOTE: This was timely when I wrote it at my old blog site, which was temporarily unusable.

MagElitist.jpgFor some time Republicans have been calling out Democrats as “liberals” like Salem religious zealots branding people as witches. Republicans have successfully imbued the word “liberal” with the meaning of: evil, wretched Democrat who stoops to repairing the world and tolerating diversity. So what label can a Democrat apply to another Democrat to mark that person with the sign of the beast so ye shall know him? That word is “elitist”. Elitists are those demons who suffer from education and are often afflicted with advanced degrees and, worse, money: they know “stuff” and they profit from that.
Good Democrats should eschew elitism. For example, closet ivy-league-graduate and rich person (until she blew it all on campaigning) Hillary Clinton was recently “Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and …whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me." As a person who has the misfortune to be quadruple whammied, being white and male and educated and having a well-paying job (which I mistakenly believed I was working hard at), I say these liberals need to be more tolerant of elitists. I am growing bitter and starting to cling to my spirituality, my fine wine and my mistrust of people stupider than I.

No comments: