1. The first rule of Fight Club is: "Don't talk about Fight Club." That should be the first rule of blogging. Blog entries should not be about blogging.
2. According to Harvey Logan in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (one of the movies I guide my life by) there are no rules in a knife fight. Likewise, I guess there should be no rules in blogging; so rule number one is nullified.
3. Nevertheless, blog entries about blogging bother me.
4. As do blog entries that are lists of random thoughts or lists of things to do before dieing or any of those "meme" things that people assign you to write about.
5. But that's just me and I should get over it.
6. Still, as for the random thoughts, isn't that what "twitter" is for?
7. I can't say because I don't really get twitter. That's one of the signs that I really am getting old. I kept up with computers and email and blogging and im (though I really don't im) but the new stuff is passing me by. I don't twitter or podcast or watch tv shows on a telephone or tiny iPod screen.
8. I do burn my feed but I don't really know what that means and it makes me think that, somewhere, cattle are angry at me about this.
9. And "meta". I need to let you know that I don't fully understand the use of "meta"; though I did figure out that it is different from "meme".
10. So I'm getting old and I probably should make a list of things to do before I die (or, before I die, I should make a list of things to do?)
I wonder how many will involve beer? How many will involve pie? Give me your thoughts on that.