Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sports Shorts

DO YOU KNOW ME?
Serena Williams verbally abused a line judge who called a foot fault on her at a crucial time in her match. Serena reportedly said either ``You better be [expletive] right! You don't [expletive] know me! You're lucky I'm not shoving this ball down your throat!'' or,``If I could, I would take this [expletive] ball and shove it down your [expletive] throat!''

After the match Serena said, "She says she felt threatened? I've never been in a fight in my whole life, so I don't know why she would have felt threatened.'' Serena went on to say, "She thought I was serving the ball when I stepped on the line? I don't know why she would have thought I was serving. She thought I stepped on the line with my foot? I don't even have feet." And how the woman didn't know the details of Serena's life of non-violence, I'll never understand.

THE BENGALIST
You know the movie "The Soloist", where Jamie Foxx plays a brilliant musician whose mental challenges unfortunately prevent him from reaching success with his talents. In his next movie, Foxx could portray the Bengals who had great plays today on both sides of the ball but, as always, ran away from opportunity and lost it completely.

THE MILLION MANIAC MARCH
This isn't sports related but it seemed to go with outrageous, unreasonable responses and with mental challenges.
If you are ironically correct for the wrong reason because you didn't pass History ("More Czars than the USSR") or you are careless and/or ironically ignorant ("Thanks Fox News for keeping us infromed") or just spouting meaningless psychotic delusions (Obama is the Anti-Christ) how can you expect rational people to even listen, much less agree with you?



Because McCarthyism is a shining example of our government staying out of people's personal lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the 9/12 article. OMG

Karen

Ian Bowman said...

I love Serena Williams, and this article highlights why. We need more people like that in Tennis. In fact, we need more people like that period. Eff that passive-aggressive stuff. Tennis got boring after McEnroe.